Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkCBCS Signature VSPComics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

Stan Lee. Rose City Comicon. Photos are UP1174

Collector huskershawn69 private msg quote post Address this user
Cool stuff, thanks for posting the pics
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector AznBane private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego I could be wrong but isn't this his last year for convention signing? After that I assume just private signings.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@AznBane I certainly hope so, Dude needs to retire to a beach house with a hot housekeeper and enjoy himself and stop wrecking books.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for sharing the pictures.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
With all due respect to the OP and others; how can you criticize Stan when you are the ones who decided to get your books signed? I empathize with your frustration with the organization but he has no control over that, or much of anything for that matter. What do you expect when a 93 year old signs hundreds of times, twice a day in a matter of an hour or less? Sure he does it all the time but the majority of his signatures don't look that great in recent years and everyone knows that. Stan loves his fans but the only reason he is still signing anything is because he wants to make people happy, take care of his family and support his charities. Stan's legacy is priceless and I get the appeal of having "Stan Lee" on a comic; I have a few of my own. I just think we need to be a little more understanding here.
Post 30 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
With all due respect to the OP; how can you criticize Stan when you are the one who decided to get your books signed? I empathize with your frustration with the organization but he has no control over that, or much of anything for that matter. What do you expect when a 93 year old signs hundreds of times, twice a day in a matter of an hour or less? Sure he does it all the time but the majority of his signatures don't look that great in recent years and everyone knows that. Stan loves his fans but the only reason he is still signing anything is because he wants to make people happy, take care of his family and support his charities. Stan's legacy is priceless and I get the appeal of having "Stan Lee" on a comic; I have a few of my own. I just think we need to be a little more understanding here.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. If I came off bitter I apologize. I was mostly likely tired as well from a very long drive and a very long day packed in a convention center with thousands of fans. From my side of things too as a paying VIP customer and the number of $100 autograph tickets I had I was slightly bummed and disappointed for the Deadpool and the the spine ding he put on the Defenders because I had full intent on selling those obviously. (Helps pay for my expenses and the trip, too) It was crazy chaotic. I had fun but wow I'm getting too old for this. #DannyGlover

Rose City Comicon "henchmen" and other staff need to step up their game with VIP customers. I had a great time and I’m not bitter I promise! Stan just looks frail and I know he loves doing the conventions but we all must know when it’s time to end it on a high note.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
My picture with Stan from Rose City Comic Con.
I did it on the photo. He accidently smeared it.

Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
@Gabriel85301 dam.... for a min i almost thought you were fluffy.... dam you Gabriel Iglesias look alike.
Post 33 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Nice photo!

Can someone help me identify the stan lee print on the first post? Isn't that a J Scott Campbell print? It looks like his style of art. I want to sell it on ebay.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Chubbyfresh77 private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke I remember you, I was in line ahead of you when you had to leave the line. You looked PO'd!!!

Did you turn all those books in for verification with Stans handlers?
Post 35 IP   flag post
@DertyComix He might be Fluffy, I've heard he's lost a lot of weight.
Post 36 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke The image in the middle is for sure J. Scott Campbell, I'm not sure if the left and right are also him or a composite of other artists.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego oh i know. I just seen him recently on tv and man did he loose weight. Thats good for him. He talked about loosing weight for the logest time.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyfresh77
@kaptainmyke I remember you, I was in line ahead of you when you had to leave the line. You looked PO'd!!!

Did you turn all those books in for verification with Stans handlers?

Oh man I was super ticked off. No, I sent them in today via mail for CBCS red label VSP. (Hopefully)
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@kaptainmyke The image in the middle is for sure J. Scott Campbell, I'm not sure if the left and right are also him or a composite of other artists.

what about the left and right brah
Post 40 IP   flag post
598088 40 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?