Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkCBCS Signature VSP

Original Art Personal Piece Question1162

Collector EddiePaxil private msg quote post Address this user
This may be a stupid question, but I've always been told the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. So here goes.

One of my best friends in the world is a well respected local tattoo artist. He's a gifted artist in general though. I was considering having him do an original Hulk piece based around one of the Peter David era storylines. Then in November when I meet Peter David to have some things signed having him sign it.

Now I know CBCS does artwork and signature authentication etc. That's not my question.

My question is how do I go about authenticating Gil's end of it? The artwork. Being that comics is not normally his field I don't know how (or if) I could do that? Again, perhaps a stupid question but a question nonetheless. I realize it may never be worth much and it's more of a personal piece, but I still would like to do it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
You want Peter David to sign your tattoo?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick_Pontoon
You want Peter David to sign your tattoo?

No no lol. It's going to be a sketch on paper.It's just that Gil is not a recognized comic or other kind of artist in any way.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddiePaxil
Gil is not a recognized comic or other kind of artist in any way.

"A rose by any other name..."
Post 4 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
You have to contact CBCS and get the proper paperwork for the artist to fill out. I don't know all the requirements, but it can be done. I believe you will want to talk with Mark Roman or Steve Paulus.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@EddiePaxil I'd imagine you'd want to get an AW involved to hold the book after your friend does the art. If you don't, then to get a yellow label you'd have to get it graded after your friend does the art (with a higher processing fee to get it back before November), then crack it in front of an AW at the show to get the Peter David sig witnessed
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
You have to contact CBCS and get the proper paperwork for the artist to fill out. I don't know all the requirements, but it can be done. I believe you will want to talk with Mark Roman or Steve Paulus.

This sounds like what I was looking for.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/1149/yellow-label-submitting-own-sketch-cover/
Post 8 IP   flag post
This is one of his most recent works. I think he's pretty good at his "day job."

Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/1149/yellow-label-submitting-own-sketch-cover/

Perfect thanks
Post 10 IP   flag post
598088 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?