Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversCBCS Graded

Which Character For My First Commission1161

Collector LanaiHaole private msg quote post Address this user
I'm getting ready to have Scott Blair do a commission for me so that I can get signatures and have it CBCS graded. However I'm trying to decide which characters to have Scott do for me.

The first one is technically politically incorrect but I was thinking it may be fun to do a Harley Quinn meets Stan Lee type of thing. Probably stupid but I have to ask anyway.

1. Harley Quinn with Stan Lee which would be signed by Scott Blair, and Stan Lee.

2. Spider Gwen with Stan Lee which would be signed by Scott Blair, Stan Lee, and Jason Latour.

3. Mary Jane Watson with Stan Lee which would be signed by Scott Blair, Stan Lee

4. Princess Leia and with Stan Lee which would be signed by Scott Blair, Stan Lee, and Carrie Fisher

5. Princess Leia with Chewy which would be signed by Scott Blair, Carrie Fisher

Anyone know which one would eventually be worth more?

Nathan
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I would do Mary Jane with Stan Lee, since Stan actually played a part in creating Mary Jane.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector EddiePaxil private msg quote post Address this user
@LanaiHaole I have to agree with @DarthLego and his reasoning. I think a Mary Jane with Stan Lee would capture the vibe you're looking for and be worth something after it's signed.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Nino_013 private msg quote post Address this user
Did you not like the answers that was given to you when you asked this same question on the other boards?
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
His version of the cancelled Batgirl #41 cost with joker would be cool
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanaiHaole
Anyone know which one would eventually be worth more?

I was going to say I'd go with #3 as that's the one I'd like for my collection, but then I read the above and realized personal preference wasn't the point.

#1 would probably sell for more if sold at the right time (before the HQ Bubble[s] burst).

2c
Post 6 IP   flag post
"Worth more" is of course a matter of opinion to the potential buyer. I think there's a potential "Mary Jane + Stan Lee" fan out there who'd be willing to pay just as much as a "bandwagon Harley Quinn" fan. And I say bandwagon not because I think Harley fandom is a bandwagon, but because I think the potential buyer of that particular non-canonical and non-sensical paring would most likely be of the bandwagon mindset.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone for the feedback everyone. I am going to have him do a Topless Harley from Suicide Squad holding one of those long spiral lollipops. Next month I think I'll have him do the Mary Jan + Stan Lee as I really like that idea. Again thanks Everyone.

LanaiHaole
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector AznBane private msg quote post Address this user
Just a heads up for the future. I'm fairly certain Stan Lee no longer signs sketch covers. It might be on this board, CGC's or on a CBSI podcast (sorry I forget exactly) but if I remember correctly someone had Stan sign a lewd portrayal of himself so now he doesn't do sketch covers. I'll have to double check.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I heard about that but I was told by both my CGC and CBCS Authorized Witness that Stan Lee would still sign sketch covers as long as it doesn't contain anything thats lewd, or risque. All of the artists, creators, and authorized witnesses should put that person on a list so that when when he tries to get a signature from anyone he/she is automatically barred from doing so. People like that could ruin it for the rest of us.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Maybe his policy is that he won't sign "blank" sketch covers, because then he has no control over what image gets put onto it later?
Post 11 IP   flag post
@DarthLego That could be a real big possibility.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Millvilleresident private msg quote post Address this user
Harley is a great choice. I have 3 Scott Blair sketch covers (all 3 are great) but the Harley one is Definitely my favourite of the three.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Millvilleresident I think it will be a great cover. Do you have your graded?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Millvilleresident private msg quote post Address this user
Yep. I had them graded on-site at WWChicago last summer; when I picked them up. CGC graded this time around. Here it is pre-graded.
Post 15 IP   flag post
597984 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?