Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze Age

Atlas/Seaboard Appreciation Thread1153

Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a lifelong comic fan and on and off again collector. Despite growing up in the '70s and '80s I never ran across the Atlas/Seaboard titles until recently. I love the artwork because it reminds me of the time when I first discovered comics as a kid. The storylines are kinda hit or miss, so I can see why the company failed after a short time. Just wondering if anyone else on the board has an appreciation for these titles. Maybe more importantly, are they collectsble from an investment standpoint, and if so, which titles should I target? Thsnks for the feedback!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I was a teenager when the Atlas/Seaboard line of comics exploded on the scene with dozens of titles and some incredible covers by some well-known artists. I bought most of the titles, and was disappointed when the company folded after just a few months. Many of the titles ended up being one-shots, and I don't think any title went past issue 4. It was fun while it lasted.

Here's a few cover scans.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to the boards!
I love the Atlas/Seaboard books.
Alas, this is the only one I have so far.

Post 3 IP   flag post
@esaravo Thanks for the scans! Love the artwork on Planet of Vampires especially.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a few more scans.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s few more:

The books may have been hit-or-miss, but they did have quality artists and writers. Here’s a great website about Atlas/Seaboard

http://www.atlasarchives.com/

And finally, no, I wouldn’t look to collecting these titles for investment purposes, just for fun.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick_Pontoon

The books may have been hit-or-miss, but they did have quality artists and writers. Here’s a great website about Atlas/Seaboard

http://www.atlasarchives.com/

Thanks for this info @Dick_Pontoon. Interesting stuff!
Post 7 IP   flag post
597939 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?