Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Has Disney doomed Marvel?1152

Collector MISFIT42 private msg quote post Address this user
We all know that the Marvel movies are usually the best & they have done a good job so far with STAR WARS.But the truth is the Marvel comics are really bad now. I've collected Marvel for at least 30 years but I feel DC is changing the tide. I am sick of #1 issues of old school books & changing major characters from male to female. What major Marvel hero does not have a female version now-BE MORE CREATIVE! Now I'm going back to reading the new Harley Quinn....
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@MISFIT42, Well, right now, there are plenty of Harley books out there! But your right about Marvel losing it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The Mouse makes more off of the movies than the publishing. I haven't read much Marvel since the early to mid 2000s. It was pretty much limited to Ennis' run on the Punisher. Some of the Star Wars titles I enjoy (especially Darth Vader). The new Secret Wars was dog vomit. My friend has subscriptions to various Marvel titles and he hasn't been impressed in quite some time. Marvel assigns other titles to fill out a paid subscription if a title is canceled. At one point, Marvel decided he needed three subscriptions to the same Nightcrawler title.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel was doing female characters before the Mouse.

She Hulk
Spider Women
Lady Deadpool

I don't think Dr Strange has been touched yet.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
They had a female Punisher in the early to mid 90s. Lynn Michaels was the character.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel has been doing things to their characters for a long time. Look at the Red Hulk for example.

It is also not like they are talking your character and making them a female. They are just taking another person with the same ability. Like Miles Morales. He isn't Spider-man. Just someone with spider powers like Peter.

I don't know much about this new female Iron Man but how is it different then War Machine.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by roarzola
I don't know much about this new female Iron Man but how is it different then War Machine.

The 15 year old female Iron Man?
Who gives a 15 year old girl-child the capability to wipe out a city block?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector stophmaster private msg quote post Address this user
That's why I don't buy or read new comics. Like just about anything, they just don't make 'em like they used too...
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I agree whole heartedly. MARVEL is losing it. The art work is nothing like it used to be. I don't know about the story lines. I've stopped collecting and reading in 82'. Go back to basics please!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel has better movies but DC has better comic books.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
I don't have an issue with Marvel. Mantle changes are fine. DC lost me starting five years ago and just keep on pushing me away. I'm not surprised since they have EICs that drove Marvel into the ground in the 90's. IMHO DC keeps trying to do the past while Marvel keeps on moving forward trying to attract new readers.
Post 11 IP   flag post
600893 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?