Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversCBCS Signature ASPQuestionsSignatures

Yellow Label submitting own Sketch Cover?1149

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
again, am I allowed to submit my own sketch cover art for a yellow label CBCS? I can't remember the answer or not

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, but there is a special process, Steve R. answered it before but I forgot. I'll see if I can find it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I believe you need to contact Steve Paulus at spaulus@CBCScomics.com and ask for the necessary paperwork.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego It's probably Mark Roman now since he's the current head of the yellow label program
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Can someone help me find the right email address? I'd like to send this off as soon as possible @SteveRicketts
Post 5 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke took me a bit to find it, but here is Mark's email. mroman@cbcscomics.com
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks I appreciate it
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Wow. Are you implying that you did the art on the blank cover? If you did, it is pretty awesome. Nice job.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I did. I did it in 5 minutes with a black sharpie and oil pastel crayons. I think I might go back and add more thinner black line work to clean up edges before submitting. Still haven't signed it yet either.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool. I will have to try that to a couple blank covers. Looks like fun.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke please share your experience with the process of submitting this for the rest of us.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I will. The guy has an autoresponder on his email right now so he's out of town currently. I'm off to Portland this weekend for the Rose City Con as well.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Mark sent me the form . It's a simple form to fill out and you submit it with the comic book along with your invoice . Right now I'm kind of broke I'm waiting before sending another order
Post 13 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Might have something to do with you walking into the last convention like:

Post 14 IP   flag post
nah brah I only took $200 with me
Post 15 IP   flag post
I added more color to my Krang sketch cover

Post 16 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke I like it.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
nah brah I only took $200 with me

Yes, but once you count the VIP Stan Lee tickets you spent the GDP of a small nation.
Post 18 IP   flag post

Post 19 IP   flag post
Final submitted cover to CBCS:

Post 20 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Are you going to put that up for sale when it comes back?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Yellow label CBCS 9.6-9.8

Auction on ebay at 99 cents and see how the public values the comic book. What do you think?
Post 22 IP   flag post
598069 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?