Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Graded Comics Questions1135

Collector Alexsolo private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to comic grading and never really ventured it until recently.
I have a couple questions and am hoping someone with more experience can answer them.

1. If I have a signed comic and send it in to be graded (example: Batman New 52 #1 signed by Greg Capullo) would I need to pay $18 for a modern book and the S25 for an un-witnessed VSP, or does the $25 include the grading of the book as well?

2. If I have a graded book and would like to get it signed at a con through the witnessed ASP program, would I need to re-grade the book afterwards?

3. What's the best way to package and ship books to be graded? I've always been afraid to do this due to fear of the shipping damaging my book and returning me a lower than anticipated grade.

Thanks for reading
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
1. the VSP fee is in addition to the grading fee. If there are multiple signatures you'd like verified then it's $25 for the first and $15 for each subsequent signature.

2. Yes you will have to get it re-graded. Whenever the slab is cracked, it will need to be regraded.

3. CGC has some pretty good information for shipping your books
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Alexsolo private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Thanks! That helped clear things up for me
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Even if CBCS receives an uncracked CGC slab they will regrade it, they do not recognize CGC grades. They will however recognize yellow label status from CGC.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
@Alexsolo ... There is good advice out there for packaging your own books. I've also found these mailers from Gemini are excellent. If you'll be mailing comics on a regular basis, you might want to pick up a set. http://www.geminicomicsupply.com/product/comic-flash-mailers/
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Lunarshade private msg quote post Address this user
Those Gemini mailers are top notch. Best way to send raw books in my opinion. If you are sending a lot of books at once read up on how to stack and roll in bubble wrap. Good Luck CBCS slabs are the best they are all I use.
Post 6 IP   flag post
600646 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?