Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

PRINTING ERRORS1134

Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by slq955
It wasn't graded, when looking at the book that was all I saw for problems with it. I know the 2015-2016 overstreet guide had a 9.2 priced at $150. But with a new year and how the movie is going, what would be an acceptable price for comfort level on spending.

Did you see the book in hand or are you going by scans?

This is just a miswrap. It shouldn't affect the grade, but it can certainly affect the value if people don't like the how much of the BC is showing in front. But if it's sent for grading and there really is nothing else wrong with it (i.e. it would get a 9.8 label), then $250 is a good price. Plenty label hunters out there who don't care what the book looks like. You can resell it and buy something better.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Revan_Q private msg quote post Address this user
I had the book in hand to look at. Just not sure if the $250 sounds to be too high right now for pricing or if it's the going rate.
Post 27 IP   flag post
FWIW GPA shows 23 sales of CGC 9.0s for the last 90 days averaging $257↓
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I dont like the flaws that deal with creasing or inking defects. Print errors? Yes. JL51 getting the JL52 cover, for example, is one that I was happy to look for and one that went up in value pretty fast.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Spidey private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I had the book in hand to look at. Just not sure if the $250 sounds to be too high right now for pricing or if it's the going rate.

What did the completed auctions on eBay, Heritage, Comiclink, and MyComicShop say?
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
FWIW GPA shows 23 sales of CGC 9.0s for the last 90 days averaging $257↓
I can understand if the book is already graded. But ungraded, $250 sounds to be a bit steep to be paying.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
If it's not signed I think that's too high
Post 32 IP   flag post
What's anyone's comfort zone on price?
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
What's anyone's comfort zone on price?

I'd have to see the book before I could make that decision
Post 34 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I would rather have a book that looks good and grades a little low. Than to have a book that graded 9.8 but looks like a mutant. But that's just me.

I will say this though. I have been offered more than ten times what a books value is normally running, because the copy I have is a printing error. A mutant book.

So pick your poison. There are buyers (collectors) in both camps.

I should add that a printing error is not the same thing as a bad wrap. A bad wrap is just a bad wrap. But a printing error is an anomaly that many like. I know no one that likes a bad wrap.

Post 35 IP   flag post
Right now I keep leaning on $175 to $200. I get it's the first appearance of Deadpool. But when it's got the flaw going on and it's not graded, I don't see the justification for $250.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
I would rather have a book that looks good and grades a little low. Than to have a book that graded 9.8 but looks like a mutant.

Great way to describe it LOL
Post 37 IP   flag post
@slq955 As a collector it would be hard for me to pay this price (I have one OO copy left), but from a flipper's POV I don't know what the cutoff point for a strong (assumed) 9.8 candidate with a miswrap could be.

It kinda sounds like you're looking for a keeper[?]
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
@slq955 As a collector it would be hard for me to pay this price (I have one OO copy left), but from a flipper's POV I don't know what the cutoff point for a strong (assumed) 9.8 candidate with a miswrap could be.

It kinda sounds like you're looking for a keeper[?]
For everything I collect my goal is to have it for 30 to 40 years, then sell it off. Let it appreciate in value and cash in for retirement.
Post 39 IP   flag post
600512 43 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?