Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPPop CultureQuestionsSignaturesSigning Opportunities

star wars #1 question1105

Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
It was stated on another thread that getting this book signed by Stan Lee is messed up. I have the original #1 pulled from an old cgc 9.4 case signed by the whole cast except for Han Solo. I have the opportunity to also get a Stan Lee sig on it. This is a book my daughter or possibly grandkid might sell one day. What should I do?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Do NOT have Stan Lee sign it... please. Just find another more appropriate book for him to sign.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Do NOT have Stan Lee sign it... please. Just find another more appropriate book for him to sign.

Thank you for your reply; Is that based on your moral standing or because it would not increase the value of the book 100 dollars it cost for the sig? I worry that the Serious collector who buys it in the future would look at all the actors sigs and then think it was ruined by Lee's sig. Which is How I've looked at GI Joe 21s signed by Ray Park.
Post 3 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
I worry that the Serious collector who buys it in the future would look at all the actors sigs and then think it was ruined by Lee's sig.

Exactly, with all the cast signatures you already have on it, I wouldn't get Stan to sign it. He had nothing to do with it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Wait for Harrison Ford imo it'll be worth it x1000
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I'm waiting on Harrison myself

Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
oh my god that's beautiful
Post 7 IP   flag post
RIP Kenny Baker
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank all of you for your input I am gonna pass on the Lee signature. Dielinfinite, I'll let you know if I ever hear of a con he's coming to in the midwest.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Jeremy_K Thanks! Harrison's a pretty private person and I fon't think I've ever heard of him doing convention appearances, at least not for signing autographs.

It'd be quite a coup for any convention to get him and if they did it certainly wouldn't be cheap. I remember he did a signing for the company that used to handle autographs at some of the official Star Wars conventions. I'd have gotten his autograph then but he was only signing posters and 8x10s, no mail-ins. I think each sig was like $400
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I say DO NOT get his sig on it. Having the whole Star Wars cast on it is very cool, I would see Stan's sig as detracting from it because he has nothing to do with the franchise.

Quote:
I worry that the Serious collector who buys it in the future would look at all the actors sigs and then think it was ruined by Lee's sig. Which is How I've looked at GI Joe 21s signed by Ray Park.

I don't know why you have that view on a GI Joe 21 signed by Ray Park? Ray Park is Snake Eyes. It's the same as having Ray Park sign a Darth Maul.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Harrison Ford has done a couple signings recently but they have not had send in options. Oh yeah they have been expensive too.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
I worry that the Serious collector who buys it in the future would look at all the actors sigs and then think it was ruined by Lee's sig. Which is How I've looked at GI Joe 21s signed by Ray Park.

I don't know why you have that view on a GI Joe 21 signed by Ray Park? Ray Park is Snake Eyes. It's the same as having Ray Park sign a Darth Maul.

*cough*
*cough*

Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user
He may not have anything to do with the franchise, but I thought I remember reading a kind of interesting story where he was approached with printing the book the first time and declined because it was a risky move and then the writer of the book approached him later and convinced Stan to print the book with no royalties until after a certain amount had sold. If that's true and I'm not sure it is, it might be kinda cool to have him sign it if he did actually green light the original official Star Wars comic.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Jaydknight I think I remember hearing that story as well
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I worry that the Serious collector who buys it in the future would look at all the actors sigs and then think it was ruined by Lee's sig.

Compromise. Have him sign the splash page near where it says, "Stan Lee Presents"
Post 16 IP   flag post
If Stan's name is in the publisher credits on the Splash Page then I guess that would be a passable reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Quote:

*cough*
*cough*

That's awesome, I didn't know there was a comic that had Vader and Maul facing off against each other. Who are the other sigs on there besides Prowse?
Post 17 IP   flag post
@DarthLego Aside from Dave Prose, it's signed by Ray Park (Darth Maul), Jon Foster (cover artist), and Ron Marz (the writer)
Post 18 IP   flag post
I'm going to be looking to get Ray Park, Dave Prose, Billy Dee Williams, and Peter Mayhew all at the Cincy Comic Expo.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Have you considered getting another copy to have Stan Lee sign?
That way, you keep the cast book intact but you'd also have a copy with Lee's signature. If you can verify that Lee had an important role in getting the series made, that would still be a cool book to have.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That's awesome, I didn't know there was a comic that had Vader and Maul facing off against each other. Who are the other sigs on there besides Prowse?

Considering Maul died before Vader even existed, how did the comic pull this off?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations
Quote:

Considering Maul died before Vader even existed, how did the comic pull this off?

The comic doesn't really go into detail, beyond that he was resurrected by the Prophets of the Dark Side, since it's a single story in an anthology series but I don't think it's much of a stretch in a universe with clones, force ghosts, or visions, like Luke's of Vader on Dagobah, all exist. After all, Maul was brought back to life in the Clone Wars series.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
Maul was so cool and yet had like 2 lines. They shouldn't have killed him off so fast.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Darth Maul wasn't killed by Obi-Wan, he was saved by cybernetic implants same way Vader was saved. Darth Maul had a huge role in the Clone Wars animated series which is Canon.
Post 24 IP   flag post
596795 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?