Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

Please Grade My: Silver Surfer #41072

Collector WCollecbales private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
If anyone could take a look at my Silver Surfer 4 and give me an estimate that would be awesome.
Thanks in advance!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Just for fun - what do you link yourself / what are your concerns?
Post 2 IP   flag post
"Think" not "link" - bloody autocorrect
Post 3 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Current 5.5 due to numerous bends and what appears to be large stain bottom left lower side of cover, along with overall mild dirt backcover. With clean and press 7.0 to 7.5. If thst is a stain it's the killer. Also there is a ink stamp, which I'm not sure if that is factory or added upon arrival at store when it arrived. Lastly, can't see the inside page color.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector WCollecbales private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Just for fun - what do you link yourself / what are your concerns?

I only have around a dozen silver age books so I'm not used to grading them. I'd go for around a 6.0, although it might be a tad optimistic.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector ARK private msg quote post Address this user
I'm with a 5.0/5.5 with what we can see from the photos.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
As it is now, 6.0. Based on what I'm seeing in these images, the book most certainly could benefit from a press. Barring in other defects to the inside pages, after a press this book could bring in a 7.0.
I believe the stamp is a pence price stamp for comics distributed in the UK. This should not detract from the grade.
Here is a link to a Captain America #109 released about the same time as your Silver #4 with a similar stamp on it. The seller gives a brief explanation as to what the stamp means.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAPTAIN-AMERICA-109-CGC-CBCS-9-2-WHITE-1969-ORIGIN-2nd-BIG-KEY-BOOK-AFTER-100-/201651518399?hash=item2ef35dfbbf:g:lNIAAOSwSgJXOTKA
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
@WCollecbales As is 5.5
Clean and press gets no better than 6.0 IMHO due to the color breaks at 3 of the corners, and the softness of the spine corners. There are/is some color rubs/loss along the left side front cover, and of course the stain. IF the stain can actually be dry erased, perhaps 6.5 is possible.

But as is, 5.5
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
5.0 for me
Post 9 IP   flag post
5-5.5. not sure how much a press would help with bottom left and spine up to bottom staple. Still nice one
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
@WCollecbales As is 5.5
Clean and press gets no better than 6.0 IMHO due to the color breaks at 3 of the corners, and the softness of the spine corners. There are/is some color rubs/loss along the left side front cover, and of course the stain. IF the stain can actually be dry erased, perhaps 6.5 is possible.

But as is, 5.5

Pretty much as I see it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Or you can just skip the cost of pressing and grading and post directly on ebay, that alone will increase its grade by 2.0.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
I venture to guess anywhere from a 5.0-6.5
Post 14 IP   flag post
600697 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?