Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Comic Cartel flash sale1063

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
So these happen about once a month or so but I thought I'd share this with everyone in case people are interested. Comic Cartel is currently having a flash sale so lots of discounts on recent books. I typically use these to pick up books I normally wouldn't and only risk a buck or two on a few issues to see how I like it. They have stuff from Marvel, DC, Image, Valiant, and other small publishers.

Comic Cartel Flash Sale

If anyone signs up and would be kind enough to list me as a referer, my username is dielinfinite
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Done, you are listed as my referer - thanks for the heads up.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks! I hope you find some good stuff! I tend to go through the whole list in alphabetical order, throwing stuff in my cart that seems interesting, then spend the reat of the day whittling it down to something ai can afford lol
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Just curious, do they arrive in good condition or are the shipping methods questionable?

Thanks again for the heads up.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I've never had an issue with their shipping. All books come bagged and boarded and though I'm hesitant to say NM only because I know I'm less distinguishing when it comes to book condition than a lot of people here, but I've never had a book arrive with any serious defects. If you order a certain dollar amount of books they include a small storage box that they'll pack the books inside of then pack that box inside the shipping box.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds cool. I'll check it out. Thanks for posting.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
Walking dead 156 for $1.50 hell yes! Key book!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector luckroy private msg quote post Address this user
Don't be surprised if your order takes a while. Every time I order from them I choose ship immediately and it takes over a week to ship. Today I finally received the order I placed on 10 Aug.

Those boxes are excellent though. They look good on a shelf and make for decent trade storage when travelling.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckroy
Those boxes are excellent though. They look good on a shelf and make for decent trade storage when travelling.

Are they acid free?
What little information that is available on their site does not indicate that they are.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
So these happen about once a month or so but I thought I'd share this with everyone in case people are interested. Comic Cartel is currently having a flash sale so lots of discounts on recent books. I typically use these to pick up books I normally wouldn't and only risk a buck or two on a few issues to see how I like it. They have stuff from Marvel, DC, Image, Valiant, and other small publishers.

Comic Cartel Flash Sale

If anyone signs up and would be kind enough to list me as a referer, my username is dielinfinite

Thanks for the info haven't checked the out before I referenced your name
Post 10 IP   flag post
@BigRig Thanks! ai hope you found something you like! I've got like 60 books in my cart that I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on, if only because it's still a good bit of money.

@The_Curmudgeon I'll send them a message a little later to ask but I wouldn't count on it. I can't use them for long term storage even if I wanted to since they're too small to hold standard size mylites. I mostly use them for carrying books around at shows where they won't be in them very long.
Post 11 IP   flag post
What do you get for a referral there just wondering
Post 12 IP   flag post
@BigRig You get points (which you also earn from making purchases) that you can exchange for discounts on your order.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite Got ya. Well happy shopping with them points then. I'm already racking up a cart.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@BigRig Yeah the books add up fast. I went ahead and just bit the bullet and checked out before any more books in my cart sold out. I'll probably hate myself later but hey, comics lol
Post 15 IP   flag post
So apparently they're having a clearance sale since they're changing location to San Francisco. This should go on until next month some time. Lots of books under a dollar

https://comiccartel.io/comics/sales

Unfortunately, it seems the site's kind of a mess at the moment; images don't seem to want to load and I'm not seeing any way to sort the results
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector huskershawn69 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
So apparently they're having a clearance sale since they're changing location to San Francisco. This should go on until next month some time. Lots of books under a dollar

https://comiccartel.io/comics/sales

Unfortunately, it seems the site's kind of a mess at the moment; images don't seem to want to load and I'm not seeing any way to sort the results

I went ahead and put an order in for a few books that were a really good deal. Thanks for the heads up.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@huskershawn69 I'm glad you found some stuff to your liking! I haven't really looked through it yet since the sorting features aren't there and sidting through 160 pages of randomly sorted books is something of a drag. They said they should have the sorting features back up sometime tonight.

I might have to pass, at least for now, since I'm sending a bunch of books to get signed at NYCC
Post 18 IP   flag post
598063 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?