Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Black Eyed Kids by AfterShock Comics1031

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Hello!

I was wondering how many of you are reading this title from AfterShock Comics? It is written by Joe Pruett with art by Szymon Kudranski.

It's a fantastic, atmospheric horror story pulled from American folklore and urban legend.

Mr. Pruett will be a special guest on my weekly YouTube show this evening. If you like the book, if you have questions for him about BEK or AfterShock or even just want to hang out with myself and the panel and the other chat people feel free to stop by! It's at 730PM EST every Tuesday:

Post 1 IP   flag post
Actually what I would love is to see if any of you have questions that I can add to my interview question list, some things I might not have thought of....
Post 2 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't read the series yet, but one thing that I would like to know is if either the author or the artist have ever run into black-eyed kids in real life.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
I have the first couple in my collection. I think I read the first one, but I'm so busy I have a backlog of about 150 comics I haven't read yet.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I haven't read the series yet, but one thing that I would like to know is if either the author or the artist have ever run into black-eyed kids in real life.

I will definitely ask that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations
I have the first couple in my collection. I think I read the first one, but I'm so busy I have a backlog of about 150 comics I haven't read yet.

I'm the same way although not to 150, I'm probably about 20-30 behind
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I was once on a late night radio show talking to another individual regarding the subject ..
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
I was once on a late night radio show talking to another individual regarding the subject ..

Thats cool, what subject was it?
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up the first 5 issues of this a couple weeks ago just because I'm into the paranormal and I'm fascinated with the real life BEK phenomenon. I haven't started reading it yet.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
Great series! Been into it since issue #1 and it keeps getting better and better.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Definitely check out the series if you haven't already. For you variant chasers, there's some cool exclusive covers out there too
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Bought #1 and didn't take it out of the plastic. I wait till they come in trades.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector jmh722 private msg quote post Address this user
I've been wondering if this is a good read or not. I love urban myths and paranormal stories, so this is probably right up my alley.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301

Thats cool, what subject was it?

Black Eyed Kids, David Weatherly is the supposed "Expert" on it.

I listen to Coast to Coast AM, Dark Matter News Radio, Dark Radio, Amy on the Radio and several others.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I love Coast to Coast AM, don't get to listen to it much these days.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

C2C has gone down hill since SNOORY started running the show. I love listening to George Knapp (Sundays). HE was an investigative journalist out of Las Vegas, but I find videos all the time of him covering the MOB in VEgas.

Art Bell was on Dark Matter with his show "MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT" before Heather Wade took over.

There are several others which are great to listen too..

Darkness Radio has an awesome archive. I listen to them also, INCEPTION RADIO.. love that one too..
Post 15 IP   flag post
Jimmy Church Radio is another classic..
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh722
I've been wondering if this is a good read or not. I love urban myths and paranormal stories, so this is probably right up my alley.

I really enjoy it so far, I think if that interests you then you will enjoy this book.[

Quote:

I dont really ever listen to AM, I'll have to look for it

@Gabriel85301 Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to look for those as well as the one that Darth suggested even though you said it's gone downhill lol
Post 17 IP   flag post
I wasn't around for the Art Bell days, so I've only known C2CAM with George Noory, so nothing went downhill for me.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
I wasn't around for the Art Bell days, so I've only known C2CAM with George Noory, so nothing went downhill for me.

awww man you got no idea what you are missing then..

check out

http://hauntedskeptic.com/art-bell-10-greatest-radio-moments/

These type of calls were happening on a nightly basis.

Haunted Skeptic had a podcast but now has evolved in to a radio show (AMY on the Radio) She's a cool girl, I love chatting with her..
Post 19 IP   flag post
The so called expert compiler in Black Eyed Kid accounts is
David Weatherly, he runs this blog.
http://twocrowsparanormal.blogspot.com/

What's funny is last year he talked about CreepyPasta's "SLENDERMAN" and it's similarities to "Mister Bloom" from Batman New 52

http://twocrowsparanormal.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-continued-growth-of-slenderman.html
Post 20 IP   flag post
600839 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?