Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkPop CultureSignaturesToysToys Statues

The Sewer Lair - Turtle Talk - TMNT1029

Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Is there any way to identify the original soft-head turtles from the later moldings based on packaging?
Post 851 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Yes if you see a seam going down the middle of their heads they are not original soft heads
Post 852 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
The money is in soft heads, and pop up display versions with the yellow star sticker on bubble
Post 853 IP   flag post
Good to know! Thank you sir.
Post 854 IP   flag post
People also look to collect the "beaded nunchuk" versions of the 1988 Mikeys but I personally do not care or desire such figures I feel its hype over early editions of the accessories. Some accessories on tmnt figs can fetch huge dollars like Genghis Frog with the bagged grenades can fetch $2k or more
Post 855 IP   flag post

I have a check list on my website regarding the highest desired figures via price guide and most valuable tmnt figs
Post 856 IP   flag post
I had the entire set as a kid; got a huge Christmas present box w/ every TMNT figure, vehicle, playset, a couple jars of “ooze”. None of the packaging survived first contact with a four or five year old, though I did & do take extremely good care of my toys.

Mom ended up donating them to University of Chicago Children’s Hospital to lighten the load before we moved cross-country. I wonder if they still have them...
Post 857 IP   flag post
Similar story to mine. Who knows which resale or thrift shop my mom donated my old toys
Post 858 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user

Post 859 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up during mile high comics 60% off sale, near mint for 30 bucks!

Post 860 IP   flag post
good one
Post 861 IP   flag post
Collector SpeedforceKJ private msg quote post Address this user
Marat variant with shredder remark from him

Post 862 IP   flag post
that's pretty cool

Post 863 IP   flag post
Collector SpeedforceKJ private msg quote post Address this user
I was able to get my hands on this yesterday. Pretty glad to finally own one.

Post 864 IP   flag post

4 baby turtles!
Post 865 IP   flag post

Post 866 IP   flag post
don't worry - i have 2 sets. open one, keep one.
Post 867 IP   flag post
Collector Neoheroka private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke

Anything to these? Sealed/unopened. They are the 1998 version.

Post 868 IP   flag post
They go for $100-$150 each, new in box, sealed. They are quite rare as opposed to the original 1993 release with yellow starburst on front of box art.

Good find! I have Peter Lairds 1993 one, signed by Laird and Dan Berger from Mirage Studios
Post 869 IP   flag post

Post 870 IP   flag post

2018 IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #80 Mattina Frankie's Comics Exclusive Virgin Art Variant CGC 9.8
Post 871 IP   flag post

Got this back from @TrinityComics today. Thanks, Matt!
Post 872 IP   flag post

I have 2 of these so if anyone is looking to buy, the price is $499 shipped
Post 873 IP   flag post

Took a grade hit for the printer error on back cover
Post 874 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Took a grade hit for the printer error on back cover

With Eastman signing it, one would think he would touch up the back and authenticate the restore - especially for all the stuff you have him commission.....hmmmm.....sounds like fandom isn't "all that" after all.....*shrugs*.....

This is not to say KE isn't a great artist, because he is, but just the way he expresses it to devout fans, well...these little things shouldn't be seen.

IMO.

Cheers....cools stuff Myke.
Post 875 IP   flag post
Those TMNT books mean more to me than all of my TMNT books because my #1-4 I've had almost all of my life. Special place in my heart, regardless.
Post 876 IP   flag post

2018 NECA Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1/4" Scale Movie Replica "RAPHAEL" in Cloth Trenchcoat Variant NIB Sealed, direct from NECA
Post 877 IP   flag post

2018 NECA Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1/4" Scale Movie Replica "MUTAGEN CANISTER PROP REPLICA" with light up effects and glowing ooze NIB Sealed, direct from NECA
Post 878 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Uh oh. Can you resist this shop variant @kaptainmyke ?

TMNT #84 VIRGIN COVER LTD 1000

$14.99 SIGNED by Lee Bermejo.
Post 879 IP   flag post
I've had a million people show it to me. I don't like it. They look ugly. And why would anyone get Kevin Eastman to sign or sketch on it either is beyond me.

Cowabunga I guess
Post 880 IP   flag post
601328 1101 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?