Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkPop CultureSignaturesToysToys Statues

The Sewer Lair - Turtle Talk - TMNT1029

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Donnie just took mfg VENOM!!

Points if you know what im talking about lol

Post 826 IP   flag post
Collector cawummel private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer maybe he is sick of not being swole enough?

Seriously this was a good issue.
Post 827 IP   flag post
Collector SpeedforceKJ private msg quote post Address this user
i never knew we had this thread. Figured I'd show off some of my pieces

#1 is a 2nd print, rest are all 1st prints.
Post 828 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Ah a fellow shellhead! Welcome! Most of my tmnt collection is archived here: clickable text
Post 829 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user

Kevin Eastman Super Shredder commission I picked up today. 9x12 👍🏻
Post 830 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
oh that is totally rad brah give it to me i want tit
Post 831 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I want tit as well
Post 832 IP   flag post
lame
Post 833 IP   flag post

Just got these in today. Very happy with the grades. I've had these 2 books a very very long time.
Post 834 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Eastman's work is definitely distinct.
Post 835 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
An auction for a CGC 9.2 TMNT #1 (first print, white pages) from Kevin's collection ends in just under six hour on ComicConnect.

The bid is currently at $6,100.

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=748691
Post 836 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
where do you guys get your bubble cases?
Post 837 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
An auction for a CGC 9.2 TMNT #1 (first print, white pages) from Kevin's collection ends in just under six hour on ComicConnect.

It doesn't say Kevin's collection on the label
Post 838 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
where do you guys get your bubble cases?

zoloworld
Post 839 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

It doesn't say Kevin's collection on the label

Yeah, but it's in the description. Would ComicConnect investigate the claim of the COA?

Post 840 IP   flag post
Sorry, Peter, not Kevin.
Post 841 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
after this sale it is just be a regular like any other unless you coa is a verified signature and contains the slab nunber
Post 842 IP   flag post
It's not from Peter's collection unless it says so on the label. Like mine from Kevin:

This book is for sale, btw for $2500
Post 843 IP   flag post
So, is it falsely advertised as one of Peter's copies? Or, did the previous owner possibly not go through the proper channels to get the book Verified?
Post 844 IP   flag post
There’s no way to tell without speculation. The book should have gone from Peter (or facilitator of Peter) to CGC directly for such notation on the label.
Post 845 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Man that is a nice book to have in 9.4... That error is not easy to come by either
Post 846 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
There’s no way to tell without speculation. The book should have gone from Peter (or facilitator of Peter) to CGC directly for such notation on the label.

I'm willing to guess the owner (mistakenly) thought the COA was good enough. Still a nice copy without the pedigree.

Also, cool error book, Myke. 👍🏼
Post 847 IP   flag post
Anybody can print a COA. I've got hundreds of COAs that came along with Peter Laird's toys off ebay. The difference is I have written email messages and documentation that come along with the provenance and source of where each item came from. That helps but it's not always a guarantee with the buyer at a later future date when the item comes up for sale.
Post 848 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke I saw this & hit a mental block. Is this accurate/reasonable? Hell, with your collection I’d call this “early retirement planning.”
Post 849 IP   flag post
I would buy only the original four turtles with fan club flyer inserts to guarantee they are the soft head original releases
Post 850 IP   flag post
Is there any way to identify the original soft-head turtles from the later moldings based on packaging?
Post 851 IP   flag post
Yes if you see a seam going down the middle of their heads they are not original soft heads
Post 852 IP   flag post
The money is in soft heads, and pop up display versions with the yellow star sticker on bubble
Post 853 IP   flag post
Good to know! Thank you sir.
Post 854 IP   flag post
People also look to collect the "beaded nunchuk" versions of the 1988 Mikeys but I personally do not care or desire such figures I feel its hype over early editions of the accessories. Some accessories on tmnt figs can fetch huge dollars like Genghis Frog with the bagged grenades can fetch $2k or more
Post 855 IP   flag post
598061 1101 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?