Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkPop CultureSignaturesToysToys Statues

The Sewer Lair - Turtle Talk - TMNT1029

Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
You are right - as I have found some within a mile of my house in ABQ. And it isn't a LCS.

I'mm in the square all the time, so I think I may have to step in and check it out again. Have't been in there in a few years.

Hmmmm....good thinking......

BTW - I'm slowly changing my look on the TMNT to how they are drawn. I think KE has something going on....similar to Jae Lee, Splatt, and others.

Add in the colors.....can't say the bestest....but hey....I'm not complaining for 75 cents!!

Cool book nonetheless. Do you have them? They are exclusives and I don't think they went into a reprint. Does CGC grade them, or are they too large for their scale too?

Thanks!
Post 801 IP   flag post
..on a similar note....the local Hastings Bookstore went out of business or just closed down, and went into like 80% or higher off. They started at about 40%-60%, and I bought some variants and exclusives before they sold out of the higheer priced keys, but I did manage to find some TNMT in the scavenging for low dollar.

Batman/TMNT 1 thru 3 I think, even a variant Eastman cover....but that is my extent of these guys.

I have always looked for erly comics, but sheez....those are very difficult to find in the wild. One really has to be lucky for that stuff....*smiles*.....

Give me some time and I will....LOL......
Post 802 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I was going through my boxes a few weeks ago and found this. I guess it’s from around 1989 or so. Forgot I had it.

Post 803 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool. Definitely from the early days, because the turtles' bandannas are the same color. πŸ‘πŸΌ
Post 804 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Oh cool you got a red bandanna version.
Post 805 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
check mine out:

You might wonder and ask KaptainMyke, "But why, KaptainMyke, just why did you get Steve to sign an original Turtle Force Fan Club Kit signed by the co-creators Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman?!" My answer is a simple one: "Kevin Eastman has publicly stated that Steve Lavigne is the basis for the character of Michaelangelo". Steve Lavigne along with Ryan Brown illustrated the majority of officially licensed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Merchandise. I also do not own any sketches or autographs from Steve Lavigne so this was my shot at one if there ever was a chance.
Post 806 IP   flag post
That sure is a big gap in membership numbers..,,*smiles*....

I can imagine a li'l kaptain all dollies up in a sailor outfit, holding his Mother's hand and waiting anxiously on line....

πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Post 807 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
check mine out:

You might wonder and ask KaptainMyke, "But why, KaptainMyke, just why did you get Steve to sign an original Turtle Force Fan Club Kit signed by the co-creators Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman?!" My answer is a simple one: "Kevin Eastman has publicly stated that Steve Lavigne is the basis for the character of Michaelangelo". Steve Lavigne along with Ryan Brown illustrated the majority of officially licensed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Merchandise. I also do not own any sketches or autographs from Steve Lavigne so this was my shot at one if there ever was a chance.

Nice! Were the blue bandannas just for the early members?
Post 808 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
That sure is a big gap in membership numbers..,,*smiles*....

Oh you mean this one? what about the gap in these numbers?

New high score? What does that mean? Did I break it?
Post 809 IP   flag post
I'm just messing with ya brah somebody actually sent that too me for free in the mail because they appreciated my collection and didn't know what do with it
Post 810 IP   flag post
^5s....now you are talking!!

Sooooo....the kit came with a random red/blue bandanna.

Those early numbers are very cool.

thanks!
Post 811 IP   flag post
so fess up.....sailor suit holding Mom's hand?

Post 812 IP   flag post
No brah
Post 813 IP   flag post
for $2 each you could mail off for more bandannas, so u and 3 others can get bandannas one of each color
Post 814 IP   flag post
A CGC 8.0 TMNT #1 first print just hit e-bay in auction format.

Might be worth a watch:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F391976190947
Post 815 IP   flag post
cool thanks brah should go for $2700
Post 816 IP   flag post

1989 TMNT Turtle Force Fan Club Members Exclusive "Power Patch" full set of all 4 turtles, the logo, and splinter from Peter Laird. His signature is getting lazier.

These patches are pretty hard to come by as a set and this was from Peter directly.
Post 817 IP   flag post
How about 47 copies of the Raphael one-shot?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F183071360030

The guy has other TMNT lots for sale, but so far, nothing this massive.
Post 818 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I got this for my grandson- from the 2015 Sacramento Wizard World con. I couldn't tell you who drew it- I seem to recall him not being one of the names inside the book, but I could be wrong. His sig is hard to see at the bottom right.

Today he's into Dragon Ball Z (shrug x 100!)

Post 819 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 820 IP   flag post
?
Post 821 IP   flag post
TMNT #80 Mattina cover
Post 822 IP   flag post
oh wow brah Mattina hitting one of my favorites now? Mattina is channeling Corbin. Very nice.
Post 823 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
oh wow brah Mattina hitting one of my favorites now? Mattina is channeling Corbin. Very nice.

Goes on sale tmr Saturday. Will probably sell out quickly
Post 824 IP   flag post
i know i got a reminder
Post 825 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Donnie just took mfg VENOM!!

Points if you know what im talking about lol

Post 826 IP   flag post
Collector cawummel private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer maybe he is sick of not being swole enough?

Seriously this was a good issue.
Post 827 IP   flag post
Collector SpeedforceKJ private msg quote post Address this user
i never knew we had this thread. Figured I'd show off some of my pieces

#1 is a 2nd print, rest are all 1st prints.
Post 828 IP   flag post
Ah a fellow shellhead! Welcome! Most of my tmnt collection is archived here: clickable text
Post 829 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user

Kevin Eastman Super Shredder commission I picked up today. 9x12 πŸ‘πŸ»
Post 830 IP   flag post
600892 1101 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?