Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkPop CultureSignaturesToysToys Statues

The Sewer Lair - Turtle Talk - TMNT1029

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Bought one of those from Kap a while back, probs a 9.0 or so. Something *feels* off/weird when holding it. Almost like it was printed different somehow, cant quite put my finger on it. But it creeped me out and it’s in the “sell” pile now lol
Post 776 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, I've got a few Turtles books I'm gonna thin out myself. I've realized I'm only really interested in #1 & #2. I'd rather sell a few and get one book I really want.
Post 777 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Sad face
Post 778 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Sad face

Lol sorry, I’m sure they are all like that, I had never owned one. Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Yeah, I've got a few Turtles books I'm gonna thin out myself. I've realized I'm only really interested in #1 & #2. I'd rather sell a few and get one book I really want.

Still a cool book in a slab you got there though. I’ll never own a 1st print at this point, its gone wayy too far.
Post 779 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Hey dude, I posted this on the Best of '17 thread. I bought it off Anthony's Art. Haven't read the graphic novel yet (because I cant freakin find it!) But I plan to asap. Has any here read it??? What were your thoughts?? I know it was crowd sourced, and obviously successful enough to have multiple printings. Cowabunga!

Post 780 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Never heard of it or seen it before sorry
Post 781 IP   flag post
Quote:
Never heard of it or seen it before sorry

Oh, well darn! I was hoping to get some expert insights. I have read the summary but not the actual book. Here is the website:

http://www.teenagemutantninjaturtles.com/2016/04/21/tmnt-odyssey/
Post 782 IP   flag post
oooooh that's the fan made odyssey story, that's why. I heard of it, but I did not contribute to the kickstarter. Interestingly enough, I was friends with writer Andrew Modeen on facebook until he did a Star Wars spoiler post on Last Jedi before it was even out and I unfriended him once he ruined the entire movie for me before I saw it. I then saw The Last Jedi with the wife and as I was watching it I was cursing Andrew Modeen's name under my breath with each scene as it unfolded in my mind as I watched emotionless.

There you have it. I'm definintely not buying it or reading it at this point now that I know Andrew Modeen is behind that story. #Sorrynotsorry #noragrets
Post 783 IP   flag post
Quote:
oooooh that's the fan made odyssey story, that's why. I heard of it, but I did not contribute to the kickstarter. Interestingly enough, I was friends with writer Andrew Modeen on facebook until he did a Star Wars spoiler post on Last Jedi before it was even out and I unfriended him once he ruined the entire movie for me before I saw it. I then saw The Last Jedi with the wife and as I was watching it I was cursing Andrew Modeen's name under my breath with each scene as it unfolded in my mind as I watched emotionless.

There you have it. I'm definintely not buying it or reading it at this point now that I know Andrew Modeen is behind that story. #Sorrynotsorry #noragrets

Wow, what an ass-hat! I would be pissed off too! I am assuming everyone here has probably seen it at least once, so I am interested to know which spoiler he revealed?
Post 784 IP   flag post
All of it. I mean, like, all of it.
Post 785 IP   flag post
Updated the bottom shelf in my bar! TMNT #5 and the KE Donatello variant of Bats/Turtles #1

1988 Bebop and Rocksteady action figures 👌🏻

Post 786 IP   flag post
I approve of the above post and its message.
Post 787 IP   flag post
When one obsession crosses the other. Worlds implode.

Post 788 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer - Love the set-up, Jacob! I just might have a few Newcastles while I watch the Pats game tonight.
Post 789 IP   flag post
Collector cawummel private msg quote post Address this user

Just wanted to share some recent acquisitions that I am adding to my Turtles collection. Looking to get them signed this November if Eastman does in fact come back to MI.
Post 790 IP   flag post

2 of my favorite Eastman covers he's ever done. Love the colors.....
Post 791 IP   flag post

Post 792 IP   flag post

Post 793 IP   flag post
It's only a 2nd print, but a 9.8 was so reasonably priced, I figured I'd grab it.
Post 794 IP   flag post
i like it
Post 795 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Hey kaptain.....got a question for you.

I came across a mag-size copy (maybe 6.0/7.5) of 1988 TMNT "Book IV" at the local Goodwill for $.74.

I see alot of the I, II, III, and even V online, but not IV. Why not Book IV?

After reading it, I can see one highlight....it seems to be the return of Shredder (after the comic series?) with a nice pullout and single page art.

Of course, I'm not much of a TMNT reader, but I do like pop culture and my kids, had a lot of the figs when they were kids, but, I really don't know about the Turtles, overall - a novice.

Can you give me some info on the First Publishing exclusives?

Thanks!
Post 796 IP   flag post
Ah yes, the First Comics graphics novels. They were colorized versions of reprints of the original four issues of Ninja Turtles. They typically just did American Flagg and Time Beavers. I think First Comics was trying out direct market to independent publishers. Non comics code approved comics, too FWIW. First Comics was kinda like IDW and Dynamite today, honestly. Less comic book feel and more graphic novel feel. In the bookstores near the D&D roleplaying books if I'm not mistaken, brand new.

#9 is Issue 1
#10 is Issue 2
#15 is Issue 3
#19 is Issue 4

I think the #19 is just harder to come by as it's readily available back then around 1990 you could still find the originals for $20 then if you could find them at LCS or flea markets.
Post 797 IP   flag post
Quote:
Ah yes, the First Comics graphics novels. They were colorized versions of reprints of the original four issues of Ninja Turtles. They typically just did American Flagg and Time Beavers. I think First Comics was trying out direct market to independent publishers. Non comics code approved comics, too FWIW. First Comics was kinda like IDW and Dynamite today, honestly. Less comic book feel and more graphic novel feel. In the bookstores near the D&D roleplaying books if I'm not mistaken, brand new.

#9 is Issue 1
#10 is Issue 2
#15 is Issue 3
#19 is Issue 4

I think the #19 is just harder to come by as it's readily available back then around 1990 you could still find the originals for $20 then if you could find them at LCS or flea markets.

Nicely done....I'll have to keep an eye out for the remaining TPBs. Cool read.

Cheers
Post 798 IP   flag post
...BTW....it still had the original 59 cents price tag on it. I looked hard for others....*sighs*....
Post 799 IP   flag post
Try used bookstores in the graphic novel section. You might have a higher chance of randomly finding one.
Post 800 IP   flag post
You are right - as I have found some within a mile of my house in ABQ. And it isn't a LCS.

I'mm in the square all the time, so I think I may have to step in and check it out again. Have't been in there in a few years.

Hmmmm....good thinking......

BTW - I'm slowly changing my look on the TMNT to how they are drawn. I think KE has something going on....similar to Jae Lee, Splatt, and others.

Add in the colors.....can't say the bestest....but hey....I'm not complaining for 75 cents!!

Cool book nonetheless. Do you have them? They are exclusives and I don't think they went into a reprint. Does CGC grade them, or are they too large for their scale too?

Thanks!
Post 801 IP   flag post
..on a similar note....the local Hastings Bookstore went out of business or just closed down, and went into like 80% or higher off. They started at about 40%-60%, and I bought some variants and exclusives before they sold out of the higheer priced keys, but I did manage to find some TNMT in the scavenging for low dollar.

Batman/TMNT 1 thru 3 I think, even a variant Eastman cover....but that is my extent of these guys.

I have always looked for erly comics, but sheez....those are very difficult to find in the wild. One really has to be lucky for that stuff....*smiles*.....

Give me some time and I will....LOL......
Post 802 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I was going through my boxes a few weeks ago and found this. I guess it’s from around 1989 or so. Forgot I had it.

Post 803 IP   flag post
Very cool. Definitely from the early days, because the turtles' bandannas are the same color. 👍🏼
Post 804 IP   flag post
Oh cool you got a red bandanna version.
Post 805 IP   flag post
601333 1101 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?