Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkPop CultureSignaturesToysToys Statues

The Sewer Lair - Turtle Talk - TMNT1029

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
5.0-6.0
Post 751 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't think it was a 9.4. Just curious if the price was right.
Post 752 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
$30 tops
Post 753 IP   flag post
Bummer. Can't win 'em all. At least I'm not down by much.
Post 754 IP   flag post
One of Kevin's '88 Michelangelos are on e-bay for $109 OBO.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F322885676934
Post 755 IP   flag post

that guy is a flopper!
Post 756 IP   flag post
Do you think he switched out the figure?
Post 757 IP   flag post
Kevin just listed all the original main figures for sale:

https://fan.kevineastmanstudios.com/?product_cat=1988-basic-figures
Post 758 IP   flag post
ugggggggh i want to buy the 4 turtles but i already have enough 1988 figures and playsets. pass regretably

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Do you think he switched out the figure?

No. Kevin has sold several of the same figures. I think they go to resale shops and scoop them up to sign and repackage. He definitely found something that works for him and the fans. Everybody wins, I guess.

I'm more of a mint on card sealed signed toy person, personally.
Post 759 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Kevin just listed all the original main figures for sale:

https://fan.kevineastmanstudios.com/?product_cat=1988-basic-figures

Donatello and bebop made it into my cart. Those were my faves as a kid. Then I saw the total price... 🤔

Just g buy them opened/used on ebay lol
Post 760 IP   flag post
Yeah, they aren't cheap. For the same price you can find a mint on card sealed one from 88
Post 761 IP   flag post
I have released another slightly smaller yet a bigly lot of TMNT Mirage Studios books: clickable text
Post 762 IP   flag post
I don’t know why but I just think this is the coolest cover. It’s quite worthless but I managed to get my hands on some high-grade copies and totally want a slabbed one to hang up in the bar.

I never see Eastman at cons around here unfortunately :/

Post 763 IP   flag post
i like eastman's dkIII master race variant cover
Post 764 IP   flag post
Look what just hit e-bay:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F352237593737
Post 765 IP   flag post
That's Nick Bridger. He's been selling that 9.8 for ages. Was asking $40k. Looks like he's turning it loose at auction this week.
Post 766 IP   flag post
The bid was just passed $1,000 when I posted the link. I didn't expect it to get passed $15,000 until the last 24 hours. Crazy.
Post 767 IP   flag post
Its a 30k book, and it doesn't come up that often. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes close to 40, this one will be fun to watch!
Post 768 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
*grabs cereal and enjoys*
Post 769 IP   flag post
Collector jdangerc private msg quote post Address this user
I was pretty bummed when I missed out on the first run of signed figures. But it seems I get a notification every week, that he put up another 10 or more signed figures. I thought these would be pretty limited thing, but I guess not.
Post 770 IP   flag post
Nope. He found a new hussle. He just grabs up used 80s-90s tmnt toys around thrift shops and garage sales and touches them for 5 minutes to say he played with them and signs them to market on his website. I have a handful of them myself but only ones that meant something to me, and before I realized what he was doing after 2 weeks.
Post 771 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
He just grabs up used 80s-90s tmnt toys around thrift shops and garage sales and touches them for 5 minutes to say he played with them and signs them to market on his website
When does "from the personal collection of" become "bend over, dudes!"?

Glad I didn't buy them, ended up with the bebop and Don for under $30
Post 772 IP   flag post

Post 773 IP   flag post
I still like what you got 👌🏻

He should just take off the “personal collection” bs, its still really cool and a great presentstion
Post 774 IP   flag post
I just got this at auction. I mainly wanted the yellow label Eastman Sig, but I've always liked the 5th print's cover.
Post 775 IP   flag post
Bought one of those from Kap a while back, probs a 9.0 or so. Something *feels* off/weird when holding it. Almost like it was printed different somehow, cant quite put my finger on it. But it creeped me out and it’s in the “sell” pile now lol
Post 776 IP   flag post
Yeah, I've got a few Turtles books I'm gonna thin out myself. I've realized I'm only really interested in #1 & #2. I'd rather sell a few and get one book I really want.
Post 777 IP   flag post
Sad face
Post 778 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Sad face

Lol sorry, I’m sure they are all like that, I had never owned one. Quote:
Yeah, I've got a few Turtles books I'm gonna thin out myself. I've realized I'm only really interested in #1 & #2. I'd rather sell a few and get one book I really want.

Still a cool book in a slab you got there though. I’ll never own a 1st print at this point, its gone wayy too far.
Post 779 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Hey dude, I posted this on the Best of '17 thread. I bought it off Anthony's Art. Haven't read the graphic novel yet (because I cant freakin find it!) But I plan to asap. Has any here read it??? What were your thoughts?? I know it was crowd sourced, and obviously successful enough to have multiple printings. Cowabunga!

Post 780 IP   flag post
598019 1101 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?