Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkPop CultureSignaturesToysToys Statues

The Sewer Lair - Turtle Talk - TMNT1029

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
...aaaAAAND now I have all 4 Undercover Turtles with Cloth Trenchcoats...Mint on Card, sealed. Undercover Leo is signed and sketched by Peter Laird. It was Turtle co-creator Peter Laird's from his archives collection at Mirage Studios. Mikey is so rare only 2 have ever been on ebay in 10 years.

You're looking at a lot of money here:

Some of the rarest toy figures in existence. Only Leo had the coin. *shrugs*
Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
First of all, a 2005 TMNT Quarry figure, mint on card is next to impossible to find. They only released estimated 1000 figures and half of those were ordered from stores and half of those half were opened and played with or whatever... Quarry is considered one of the rearest figures in existence for TMNT collectors.

here we go...

This is very special to me and I wanted to share with my fellow shellheads: I proudly present to you: The Unpainted Unproduced Test Shot of WATER SPITTING QUARRY with push button action!

In 2004 playmates planned to make three monsters with action features: Razor Fist with pop up spikes, Stone Biter with biting jaws, and Quarry with Acid Spitting Action. Two of those figures were released on their 2004 cards with their actions. Quarry was not released until late 2005 in very very small numbers and the push button water spitting feature had been removed from the design. Playmates Toys was having QC checks failing and could not deliver a working production model in time so the figure was never released. This figure came from the original Japanese toy factory (most likely an employee) and was sold in 2008 to a buyer in the United States.

This figure is extremely super mega turbo rare it's on FIRE so rare.

oh man oh man oh man I am sooooooo STOKED! WOOOT
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke That reminds me of that show "Toy Hunter" that used to come on the Travel Channel. They sometimes had prototype figures on there and definitely had rare toys. Congrats on the addition to your collection.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I met Jordan when he came and filmed his show at emerald city comicon! I kept walking back-and-forth in front of the camera over and over again to try and be on the show but it never happened LOL
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Haha! At least you tried. I enjoyed watching that show before it was canceled.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Can we get a forum moderator rename this thread title to "Ninja Turtle Toys!" Please?!

Thanks

1993 TMNT Technodrome Scout Vehicle sealed, never opened, signed by Ninja Turtle co-creator Peter Laird and Dan Berger of Mirage Studios!

and an Oozey with a hole punched in it lol

1990 TMNT Oozey Vehicle sealed, never opened, signed by Ninja Turtle co-creator Peter Laird and Dan Berger of Mirage Studios!

Post 31 IP   flag post
Thank you for renaming the thread Mr Moderator Man!
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
I don't even remember Quarry. I thought I knew my turtles.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
I don't even remember Quarry. I thought I knew my turtles.

Hardcore elite next-next level is when TMNT collectors start going for figures like Quarry, Buzzrok, Multiflex, 2005 Karai, con exclusives, lego exclusives, etc.
Post 34 IP   flag post
This is sort of my list of figures I'm trying to hunt down currently:

1989 Genghis Frog with bagged grenades Mint on Card (MOC)
1991 All Purple Armor Super Shredder Mint on Card (MOC)
1994 Shogun Don in GOLD armor Mint on Card (MOC)
1994 Warrior Robot Rocksteady Mint on Card (MOC)
1995 JIM LEE Leonardo Mint on Card (MOC)
2005 Karai Mint on Card (MOC)
2007 TMNT Alien Hunter Buzzrok Mint on Card (MOC)
2007 TMNT Alien Hunter Multiflex Mint on Card (MOC)
2012 Promotional LEGO NYCC Exclusive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Antonios Pizza-Rama Pizza Slice w/ Pizza Slice Box, Instructions

To anyone who might read this email kaptainmyke@gmail.com if you would like to offer a trade or sell
Post 35 IP   flag post
I have listed one of my doubles, a 1991 GIANT BEBOP for a limited time only 7-day auction if someone wants to dip their toes into the TMNT toy market with a mega super turbo rare boxed figure: http://bit.ly/2f2DbeK
Post 36 IP   flag post
1991 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TMNT
Starmakers Publishing
Surge Licensing
Mirage Studios

Cardboard standup of ALL FOUR TURTLES.
Standee measures 36" tall x 22" wide.
Full color 1991 cartoon stand ups of Ninja Turtles.
This is from a full set of all 4 turtles that came directly from Mirage Studios headquarters in Northampton, MA.
The set came with a hand signed Certificate of Authenticity from Mirage Studios.

The standup is signed by legendary powerhouse artists and creators from Mirage Studios, the original publishing house that created the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Signed by:
Ninja Turtle Artist Michael Dooney
Antrax/Merdude creator Artist Dan Berger
Ninja Turtle co-creator Peter Laird
Ninja Turtle Artist Jim Lawson
Mirage Studios CEO Gary Richardson
Mirage Studios Katie McGinnis

This is a very rare and very special piece added to my collection.

Post 37 IP   flag post
TMNT KICKSTARTER PROJECT!

2016 TMNT SHADOWS OF THE PAST BOARDGAME Kickstarter "WORKS" Ed.

Not For Sale
2016 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past Board Game Kickstarter Project "WORKS" Edition Sealed, Never Opened

A miniatures-based, sewer-crawling adventure featuring the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Created by IDW Games

6,033 backers pledged $862,211 to help bring this project to life.

The Works Edition is a very special presentation of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past. This exclusive box comes with the standard miniatures as well as a variant set of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game pieces based off the art of Kevin Eastman, and Bebop & Rocksteady!

Exclusive pizza box
Kevin Eastman Variant Turtle miniatures
Kevin Eastman signed Lithograph
April O'Neil Hero Pack

The included photos with black backgrounds were obtained directly from the kickstarter fund raising project page and blog updates from Kevin Wilson's site. This is to display to you, what is included inside this 7 lb sealed box of amazing Ninja Turtle awesomeness.

This was an amazing and ambitious project that was a wild success. Cowabunga Kevin, and Kevin!
Post 38 IP   flag post
Check out muh new backpack, brah

Post 39 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I am from Houston! Born and raised 25 years before moving to Seattle for the po- um, art culture here. LOL

MMMMM, art culture.

I have to stop and check out the art culture any time I pass threw Seattle it's a beautiful sight..
Post 40 IP   flag post

1990 TMNT Mutant Military TURTLECOPTER
MIB, Sealed
(No stars border on box)

Signed by Ninja Turtle co-creator Peter Laird, and artist/writer/creators Michael Dooney and Dan Berger from Mirage Studios. Box is a little rough on the back side with label scuffs and loss of color and artwork on package. EXTREMELY RARE AND IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND IN THE BOX

Obtained directly from Mirage Studios Archives in Northampton, MA. with COA.
Post 41 IP   flag post

1991 TMNT Mutant Military SEWER SUB
(no star border on box)
MIB, Sealed

Signed by Ninja Turtle co-creator Peter Laird, and artist/writer/creator Dan Berger from Mirage Studios.

Post 42 IP   flag post

1991 TMNT LEO'S TURTLE TRIKE
MIB, Sealed

Signed by Ninja Turtle co-creator Peter Laird, and artist/writer/creators Michael Dooney and Dan Berger from Mirage Studios.

Post 43 IP   flag post

1989 TMNT RETROCATAPULT
Vehicle Figure
MIB, Sealed
Signed by Ninja Turtle co-creator Peter Laird, and artist/writer/creators Michael Dooney and Dan Berger from Mirage Studios.

Post 44 IP   flag post

1990 TMNT SEWER SELTZER CANNON
MIB, Sealed,

Post 45 IP   flag post

2006 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
TMNT
Playmates Toys
QUARRY
Mint on Card (MOC)
This figure is extremely rare and "holy grail" status if mint on card. This toy is a shining example of an almost near perfect toy. There is very light minor wear along bottom of card and bubble. Minor scuff along top of card edge.

Quarry is a character lost in the Ninja Turtle series and toy line. She used to be a girl named Sydney who was mutated by Shredder and lived underground in the sewers. She started out as a bad character yet became an ally of the turtles.

Nobody knows about this toy or this character. Few stores were ordering tmnt toys by 2005-2006. The cartoon was ending... Few of them were made and only released in the United Kingdom, which is exactly where I received this figure. This toy is impossible to find mint on card. This is one of my most sought after and hardest figures to chase yet.

Ridiculous!
Post 46 IP   flag post
TWO OF THESE HAVE SHOWN UP ON EBAY IN 10 YEARS new in the box......so you are witnessing Ninja Turtle History right here, folks!

1990 Mirage Studios
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
TMNT
TECHNODROME PLAYSET

MINT SEALED
NEW IN BOX
UNTOUCHED
HOLY GRAIL item of any TMNT Collector.

This one is Peter Laird's Technodrome from Mirage Studios with COA. I have full documentation containing a string of emails and messages with direct provenance to Mirage Publishing. I had the Mirage Publishing artists sign this extremely rare boxed toy. This is officially the most expensive and rarest toy I have ever purchased or owned. I will probably be buried with this item after Kevin signs it. Thank you

Signed and Sketched by:
Michael Dooney
Jim Lawson
Peter Laird
Dan Berger

and last but not least...
the CEO of Mirage Studios, Gary Richardson
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Check out muh new backpack, brah

are you gonna wear that in front?
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@katptainmyke - how come I was thinking of you when I saw this Comic?

Post 49 IP   flag post
I dunno brah, why
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Cause cover is cool 😛
Post 51 IP   flag post

1991 TMNT
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie III
Blue Thermos Brand Plastic Lunch Box
Art by A.C. Farley

A United States USA made blue plastic lunch box released by Thermos back in 1991. Complete with Thermos, tag, and original paper inserts. Sticker art by popular Mirage Studios artist A.C. Farley.

Unusual: Thermos DOES NOT have "Roughneck" printed on it.

Signed by Peter Laird with COA from Mirage Studios Archives.

1992 TMNT
Red Thermos Brand Plastic Lunch Box
Made in Canada

Canadian-made plastic lunch box released by Thermos back in 1992. Complete with thermos and original paper inserts.

Unusual: Thermos DOES NOT have "Roughneck" printed on it.

1992 TMNT
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie III Back in Time
Red View Master Brand Boxed Set
Tyco Brand Industries Toys

A mint in box TMNT MOVIE III VIEW-MASTER set released by Tyco Industries in 1992.

2005 TMNT
Enemies Series
KARAI

Mint on Card (MOC)
Sealed
NEW
Very Rare
Post 52 IP   flag post

2007 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
TMNT Alien Hunters
Multiflex

Loose
Incomplete

Very Rare
Extremely Rare in the United States

United Kingdom release only.
Post 53 IP   flag post
2016 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Unauthorized Bootleg of General KRANG called "CEREBRAL"
First Gokin CEREBRAL NT-01
SPECIAL EDITION VUM

FIRST GOKIN NT-01S CEREBRAL - KRANG

Here's First Gokin NT-01S Cerebral - Krang Special Edition.
(Technically Wave 2)

Made with diecast metal parts.
Improved hip ratchet joints
Improved ankle joints
Improved Ax attachment, and wrist joint
Special edition Chrome Parts!

Special edition have different green and silver/black collector box.

Rarely do I open my ninja turtle related items, but I had to. This toy is too intimidating in size and proportion to not want to open the box and check him out. Much to my surprise, underneath the special edition sleeve is the original wave 1 box. This toy feels well made and constructed. The body armor is metal. The skin feels somewhat fleshy and rigid. The fingers have full articulation to an extent. The elbows and hip joints move well. The head swivels at near 80 degree turning radius. The figure requires AG13/LR44 type batteries to illuminate the stomach cavity area. What else can be said about such an amazing and well mass produced unauthorized bootleg figure?

Post 54 IP   flag post

1997 TMNT Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
TURTLEFLAGE SERIES
LEO'S CAMO BLITZ CYCLE

EXCLUSIVE Turtleflage Leo action figure included.

HOLY GRAIL VEHICLE FIGURE SET of ANY TMNT Collector.
Mint, Sealed, Minimal shelf wear. Bubble has very minor scuff at top.
ULTRA RARE

TMNT TURTLFLAGE LEO'S CAMO BLITZ CYCLE Ninja Turtles Playmates Toys action figure vehicle playset, directly from the Peter Laird's own Mirage Studios Archives, signed by Peter Laird.

These are hard to find period. Sealed is ridiculously harder to find. Peter Laird's Leo Camo Blitz Cycle? No way, forget it. This is unbelievably true and purchased from Peter's ebay account. The second most expensive toy I've ever bought in my entire life.

one of many, many, many Holy Grail Pieces of my collection
Post 55 IP   flag post
600496 1101 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?