Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkPop CultureSignaturesToysToys Statues

The Sewer Lair - Turtle Talk - TMNT1029

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim read this clickable text
Post 301 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, @DarthLego 👍🏼

So, I'm not crazy. I thought I saw krang in the Eastman & Laird series. But it was the inspiration for him.
Post 302 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
That's a good read, Darth.

Got these in the mail today from Kevin Eastman:

1994 Mirage Studios Usagi Yojimbo #9 - Free gift from Kevin Eastman Studios alongside the Bebop and Rocksteady book I ordered from his site.

2016 IDW Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything #1 Kevin Eastman Variant 1:100 ridiculously hard to find issue at a cheap price.

1994 Mirage Studios Usagi Yojimbo #9 - Free gift from Kevin Eastman Studios
Post 303 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pizza Cookbook Signed and sketched by Kevin Eastman on first page

Post 304 IP   flag post
Did the turtles always love pizza? Or was that introduced in the cartoon?
Post 305 IP   flag post

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
My guess would be three reasons. Italians - teenagers - and Eastman and Laird's favorite food when doing the comics.
Post 306 IP   flag post
Most likely
Post 307 IP   flag post
Collector BLBcomics private msg quote post Address this user
If may interject a bit here to say Thank you to long time friend Kevin B Eastman who in the first photo was receiving a heartfelt thank you from oldest daughter Katy at the recent Kansas City Planet Comicon.

Last Feb 2016 Comics Guru Russ Cochran hosted a benefit auction for Katy and this TMNT cover is what Kevin gave her. One of a number of beautiful works of art from a number of long time friends.

Back in the day when TMNT #1 first print was published I bought 7% of the print run. 200 of the 3000 edition. I remember when he and Peter were dirt poor starving artists seeking their path headed towards the sun. The B&W pic was Kevin being happy to see me at a San Diego Comicon a few years back. I was happy to see him as well.

They were hard pressed at times to afford pizza.

Post 308 IP   flag post
Such a cool story. Thank you for sharing that
Post 309 IP   flag post
Hey Myke, I noticed a couple 9.0 TMNT #1, 1st prints up on e-Bay. The first one has the ink pen signatures on the inside:

$5,575, or best offer: https://www.ebay.com/itm/322502176700

$4,300 Buy it Now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192191378743
Post 310 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I was hoping for an alien more in line with the cartoon. Enjoy the name though, Sewer Mutation Warrior Alien

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/03/neca-alien-figure-exclusive-sdcc-2017-totally-awesome-cowabunga/
Post 311 IP   flag post
Oooooo that is too cool thanks for sharing
Post 312 IP   flag post
I guess it's cheaper to recolor an existing mold than to carve a new mold and make it more cartoony.
Post 313 IP   flag post
I'm looking at a raw first printing #1 trying to work out a deal. I'm thinking with a few color breaks at the spine it is most likely a 8.5. What do you think would be a fair price? He bought it new in 1984 so I'm trying to get it for under $2k. First mistake is admitting you paid $1.50 for something LOL
Post 314 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
What do you think would be a fair price?

@kaptainmyke that sounds like a question i would be asking you sir!
Post 315 IP   flag post
The last couple slabbed 8.5s sold on e-bay for $4,700 Buy it Now & $4,500, but they took an offer.

If you threw an off of $2k at him, would he counter-offer?
Post 316 IP   flag post
You could ask $1,800. It's a start.
Post 317 IP   flag post
$1,777 the three sevens will distract him during his counter offer.
Post 318 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:

Let me rephrase: How low ball can I go without sounding like a vulture?
Post 319 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:

Let me rephrase: How low ball can I go without sounding like a vulture?
"$1,500...hey man that's 1000% profit on your initial investment."
Post 320 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Honestly, @DarthLego's $1,777 offer is not a bad strategy. I'd hesitate to go lower unless you have reason to believe it's below an 8.5.

You could reason with him about how there could be unseen issues with the book & so your offer is based on that assumption.

So, if the book was raw "Fine" and not "Very Fine" what would be reasonable? $1,500?

A slabbed 7.0 recently sold for $3,150.
Post 321 IP   flag post

Post 322 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user

Post 323 IP   flag post

Post 324 IP   flag post
So, what did you decide, @kaptainmyke?
Post 325 IP   flag post
He wants $3000 for all 1-10 first prints I believe them all to be in the 8.0-8.5 range imo
Post 326 IP   flag post
The #3 is not a Laird variant, either. My maths add it all up to around $5700 so it's still a steal but I'm not sure I can commit for some strange reason. I have to sell 2 or 3 of my most expensive toys to cover the expense but even that I'm having a hard time initiating. What's up with that?!
Post 327 IP   flag post
You are talking about Your grail book here. What is the hold up?
Post 328 IP   flag post
Probably worried about an unseen defect?

An offer of $1500 is half his asking price, he'd probably dismiss the off immediately.

$2,000 will probably be closer to what he'd consider.

Selling issues 2-10 should help. I need a high grade #2 & #4 (9.4 or higher). But I can't pull the trigger at the moment myself.
Post 329 IP   flag post
I would definitely be having all 1-4 graded and sell off 5-10 and fugitoid. I can get Kevin to yellow label Fugitoid. I'm debating on getting 1-4 signed by Kevin and yellow labeled too. This is not cheap.

Selling 3 grails for another grail is nonsense I tell you! Nonsense!
Post 330 IP   flag post
601300 1101 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?