Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkPop CultureSignaturesToysToys Statues

The Sewer Lair - Turtle Talk - TMNT1029

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Post 251 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Some sweet Turtles items. That Mondo figure is very cool.

Clearly, you're all about the Turtles, @kaptainmyke, as a collector & dealer. I'd love to know your history with the TMNT. What made you such a fan?

Only in the last few years have I come to appreciate the Turtles. More specifically, Eastman & Laird's Story. How they put everything they had financially into this obscure idea & turned a small Indie book into a phenomenon.

But what was it about the Turtles that caught your attention?
Post 252 IP   flag post
I grew up with the original cartoon and I had all the original toys. Was so mad when my parents threw my toys away when I was away at college. Had Turtles, GIJoes, Thundercats, Silverhawks, so so sad. 😢
Post 253 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

Only in the last few years have I come to appreciate the Turtles. More specifically, Eastman & Laird's Story. How they put everything they had financially into this obscure idea & turned a small Indie book into a phenomenon.

But what was it about the Turtles that caught your attention?

Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

I don't have any desire to own the Mondo figures. I'm mostly a NECA guy, vintage and customs or "1 of 1" items. I made an exception to the rule with First GoKin and SH Figuarts. Come on, it's First Gokin and SH Figuarts! How could I not?

I can't believe this guy rambled on about a lone figure for 30 minutes. That's crazy!
Post 254 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I can't believe this guy rambled on about a lone figure for 30 minutes. That's crazy!

LOL, this was actually a short ramble by his standards.
Post 255 IP   flag post

Collector whowill private msg quote post Address this user

Post 256 IP   flag post
I spy a 10.0
Post 257 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I spy a 10.0

She does have the curves to be a 10
Post 258 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

2007 SDCC Sneak Peek TMNT Movie Preview comic.
Post 259 IP   flag post

Finally.

June 2016 TMNT IDW Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything #1 Incentive Kevin Eastman Variant Cover 1:25

Mega rare and not cheap because come on, did stores really even order 25 copies of this mini series brah? nah no way brah forgitit
Post 260 IP   flag post
@DarthLego

Kevin Eastman is selling his stock of variant covers

June 2016 TMNT IDW Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything #1 Incentive Kevin Eastman Variant Cover 1:25

http://fan.kevineastmanstudios.com/?product=bebop-rocksteady-destroy-everything-1-ri-cover-signed

or do like me and buy the unsigned one http://fan.kevineastmanstudios.com/?product=bebop-rocksteady-destroy-everything-1-ri-cover to get Matt have Kevin sign it for a yellow label

BUY IT
Post 261 IP   flag post
Well hoping that stays in stock until next Friday.
Post 262 IP   flag post
bro.
Post 263 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
So going back to the original post and my apologies if this has been answered before but where did you get the cases for the figures? I have been wanting some for some of my other collections (I have some TMNT toys, Strawberry Shortcake dolls, Care Bares, and a ton of 80s toys) and never was able to find something good to keep them in
Post 264 IP   flag post
@bennyb86 http://cgagrading.com/OnlineStore/
Post 265 IP   flag post
Yep just measure your stuff with a tape measure to the nearest 1/8 and they can make custom boxed cases or slide rail cases.
Post 266 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you both!!!
Post 267 IP   flag post

2017 IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Funko Universe One-Shot Variant Funko Toy Subscription Cover NM 9.8

2017 IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Funko Universe One-Shot Regular Nico Pena Cover NM 9.6
Post 268 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke CGC 9.6 1st Printing for TMNT #1 Going on Auction 5/15/2017. Signed and sketched too. Good luck Mike!
Auction
Post 269 IP   flag post
I'm confused, how can a 9.6 blue label be signed a sketched?
Post 270 IP   flag post
CGC basically gave this a qualified grade but with blue label. Shenanigans!
Post 271 IP   flag post
nah
Post 272 IP   flag post
Quote:
CGC basically gave this a qualified grade but with blue label. Shenanigans!

They make an exception for 1st Print of TMNT #1. I think they were all signed. @kaptainmyke Buy now and verify the sketch/signature later via CBCS in the year 2099.
Post 273 IP   flag post
For issues 1-3, the first 500 copies were signed in blue ballpoint pen on the inside front cover for NYCC and local NJ LCS
Post 274 IP   flag post
Quote:
For issues 1-3, the first 500 copies were signed in blue ballpoint pen on the inside front cover for NYCC and local NJ LCS

Oh cool. That being the case, they know 100% they are legit and even when and where they were signed, they should have given them yellow labels. CGC are dummies.
Post 275 IP   flag post
@DarthLego

Post 276 IP   flag post
they weren't witnessed, they were signed in Kevin and Peter's apartment on their kitchen table
Post 277 IP   flag post
by they way I went by the storage location today so i snapped a pic for you guys here it is

Post 278 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke I get that they were not witnessed, but this is a special case of provenance that deserves recognition. By using a blue label they only serve to confuse the secondary market. Since they don't have a VSP program, should have been yellow. imo
Post 279 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
by they way I went by the storage location today so i snapped a pic for you guys here it is

Seriously though, do you have a room dedicated to the Turtles?
Post 280 IP   flag post
601333 1101 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?