Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkPop CultureSignaturesToysToys Statues

The Sewer Lair - Turtle Talk - TMNT1029

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
If you can find any of these items for below market prices, you should definitely pull the trigger.

Let's talk about holy grail comics for Ninja Turtles:

1984 TMNT Volume 1 issue 1 first printing
1984 TMNT Volume 1 issue 1 first printing signed by Eastman and Laird in blue ballpoint pen on inside front cover
1984 TMNT "Laird's Photo" Variant of Volume 1 issue 3
1984 TMNT Volume 1 issue 4 second printing error edition recalled
1984 TMNT Volume 1 issue 1 4th printing
1988 TMNT Volume 1 issue 1 5th Printing
1984 TMNT Volume 1 issue 2 first printing signed by Eastman and Laird in blue ballpoint pen on inside front cover
1984 TMNT Volume 1 issue 3 first printing signed by Eastman and Laird in blue ballpoint pen on inside front cover
1984 TMNT Volume 1 issue 2 3rd printing
1985 TMNT Micro Series Raphael (1st Casey Jones)
1985 TMNT Micro Series Mike, Don, Leo + Mike Xmas 2nd Printing
1986 How to Draw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 Error recalled ed
1986 Turtlemania #1 First Printing Gold Edition
1988 Archie Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures Vol 1 #1 first printing
1988 Archie Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures Vol 2 #1 Newstand Canadian first printing $1.25 cover price edition
1988 OFFICIAL TMNT TURTLE FORCE FAN CLUB KIT
1988 Playmates Toys Original Catalog ft Debut of Ninja Turtles
1989 Comic Values Monthly #46 Ninja Turtles Adventures Cover
1990 TMNT COMING OUT OF THEIR SHELLS TOUR GUIDE - Pizza Hut
1993 TMNT Volume 2 issues 1-13 is a really good read and hard to complete a set
1993 TMNT Volume 2 issue 13 backwards cover error edition recalled comic
2003 TMNT Toys R Us Exclusive TV Sourcebook signed by Laird
2009 TMNT #1 Color Reprint Error Edition Signed Eastman/Laird
2011 IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 Jetpack Comics Error Ed
2011 IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 Kevin Eastman Variant
2011 IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 All 4 turtle variants set
2012 IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #22 Phantom Virgin
2011 IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 Kevin Eastman Variant
2012 IDW TMNT #50 GIANT Treasury Edition
2015 IDW TMNT #44 Eastman Variant "Death of Donatello"
2016 IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #1 Fan Expo Var
2016 IDW TMNT #44 Second Print Death of Donatello
2016 IDW TMNT #52 Blindbox April in the Yellow Jumpsuit Variant
2016 IDW TMNT #52 Blindbox Leo RED Bandanna
2016 IDW TMNT #55 Blindbox Michaelangelo RED
2016 IDW TMNT UNIVERSE #1 Heroes and Fantasies NES Classic Cover
1995 Archie Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures Vol 2 #71
1995 Archie Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures Vol 2 #72

------------------------------------------------------------

I know some of you have been following my struggles to find solid giant ninja turtles and the elusive giant bebop and giant rocksteady. I have been burned twice by ebay sellers and once locally for Rocksteady. This toy is just damn rare. Heereeee we go!

I have received the 4 Giant Turtles and both Giant Bad Boys today. I have acrylic cases being shipped for the 4 green guys so I'll wait to post photos of those. I will post however, Giant Bebop and Giant Rocksteady, along with some other toys I got in with acrylic cases made...CGA is the same company who encapsulates toys for AFA Grading Services.

1992 TMNT Bad Boys GIANT BEBOP and GIANT ROCKSTEADY in custom made acrylic cases! The condition of Rocksteady's blister bubble has a pinch in it and a crease. The box has typical shelf and storage wear to it for its age. Bebop has some storage/shelf wear as well but I really can't complain at this point.

I also got in some acrylic cases for the following toys:

1990 TMNT 15" Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Wire Frame Plush Stitched PROTOTYPE LEGACY SAMPLES of Leo, Don, Raph, and Mike from the Mirage Studios Archives from Ninja Turtle co-creator Peter Laird. Custom made acrylic case with certificate of authenticity from Mirage Studios.

2007 TMNT Exclusive Mailaway BIGFOOT figure Mint in Box, sealed, NEW. Signed by Ninja Turtle co-creator Peter Laid from the Mirage Studios Archives in Northampton, MA. I had a custom acrylic case made by CGA for this toy to preserve the box and it's state.

2016 SDCC Exclusive TMNT HeroCross Metal Ninja Turtle Collectors Edition: (I paid only $30 for this toy!) It's going for $150 all day

Thank you to those who have been rootin' for me. You are known and appreciated. Thank you, my brothers.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
CONGRATULATIONS !!! ENJOY!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, congrats Myke.
I know you've had some struggles with these.
It's good to see you finally got it worked out.
I know nothing of turtles.
Do you have the Pizza Hut TMNT movie promo poster?
I worked at PH when that came out, we never even put them out.
My brother called dibs, opened the box to look at them once then put them in storage.
He still has them.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke, Mykey, WAY TO GO!!!! It fantastic that you finally got the Rocksteady! I'm thrilled for you buddy. I know it's been a tough road for you. So congrats!
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon
Wow, congrats Myke.
I know you've had some struggles with these.
It's good to see you finally got it worked out.
I know nothing of turtles.
Do you have the Pizza Hut TMNT movie promo poster?
I worked at PH when that came out, we never even put them out.
My brother called dibs, opened the box to look at them once then put them in storage.
He still has them.

No but I do have the Super rare Pizza Hut exclusive TMNT "Coming Out of their Shells" Tour Guide, signed by Peter Laird.

I might be interested in the poster if you feel like digging it out of storage and beating up your brother while shouting at the top of your lungs, "It's for a good cause!"
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Oh wow thats awesome Myke. I am going to meet Judith Hoag this weekend at a local con qhere I live. Can't wait to meet her and get some inside information about a beloved movie I loved as a Kid. Congrats on all your great finds
Post 6 IP   flag post
I get acrylic cases made on all the large boxed toys or loose toys this way they are preserved and kept nice in storage. I wish I had a turtle room to actually put all this cool stuff up on display. I think my autistic son would lose his MIND though if I did that LOL

I got this sweet giant krang I'm waiting for the acrylic case for:

Here's the kicker, this thing has never had it's sticker sheet used or removed from it's backing from the box! Another thing, the veins on Krang's brain are unpainted! All or most of the giant Krang have blue veins painted on them. This is a super rare early release of the toy, and one of my personal favorites.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
No but I do have the Super rare Pizza Hut exclusive TMNT "Coming Out of their Shells" Tour Guide, signed by Peter Laird.

Yeah, we never got any of those.
We were in Houston, so we usually got most everything PH put out.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute_Zero
Oh wow thats awesome Myke. I am going to meet Judith Hoag this weekend at a local con qhere I live. Can't wait to meet her and get some inside information about a beloved movie I loved as a Kid. Congrats on all your great finds

aw man, it'd be SWEET to meet the original on screen April. Personally, the April from TMNT II and TMNT III is the hottest. Man she is hot. Don't tell Judith I said that though! They both aint got SHIT on Megan Fox LOL
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon
Quote:

Yeah, we never got any of those.
We were in Houston, so we usually got most everything PH put out.

I never even saw one of these Tour Guides before until Peter Laird decided to sell his copy. I am from Houston! Born and raised 25 years before moving to Seattle for the po- um, art culture here. LOL
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
I am from Houston! Born and raised 25 years before moving to Seattle for the po- um, art culture here. LOL

MMMMM, art culture.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke PM sent
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool stuff!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thanks brah
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
congrats on the haul!! If I ever see those figures I'll be sure to let you know about them. Who knows, maybe others are out there waiting to be found =)
Post 15 IP   flag post
I could always upgrade to better ones lol
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I do not know much about TNMT but I will now know what to keep an eye out for in future garage sale and estate sales. Nice posts Myke.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Did you ever think about getting these guys?

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/tmnt-bebop-rocksteady-prime-1-studio-902834/
Post 18 IP   flag post

Got my acrylic case for giant krang today

Post 19 IP   flag post
YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 20 IP   flag post
The mail came today. So did I.

1989 TMNT Retromutagen OOZE, sealed in the can, never opened, with original Toys R Us price tag on lid! VERY SCARCE!

This item I've had on a saved search for ebay for 5 YEARS. FIVE LONG YEARS.

1994 TMNT SLAM DUNKIN' DON Exclusive Walmart Variant WHITE JERSEY repaint version, with Collector Card, MOC, sealed, NEW. Moderate Shelf wear on top of blister bubble. EXTREMELY RARE HOLY GRAIL ITEM

1991 TMNT 11" Krang's Android Body with unpainted veins Krang Brain inside. Loose, antennas broke off head. I bought this one so my son wouldn't lose his mind over my boxed sealed 11" version of this toy. LOL

Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
I'm getting on opportunity to get a few sigs by Mr. Eastman coming up could you pm me how much they usually cost Mike?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Ask @TrinityComics he's at the show right now doing the sketches with Eastman!
Post 23 IP   flag post
1994 TMNT Undercover Donatello with CLOTH Trenchcoat and collector trading card, MOC, Sealed. VERY RARE. SCARCE.

I'm on my way to owning all 4 Undercover Turtles with Cloth Trenchcoats this week.
Post 24 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool. I wish I could travel back in time and tell my young self to keep all the toys safe from the parents.
Post 25 IP   flag post
...aaaAAAND now I have all 4 Undercover Turtles with Cloth Trenchcoats...Mint on Card, sealed. Undercover Leo is signed and sketched by Peter Laird. It was Turtle co-creator Peter Laird's from his archives collection at Mirage Studios. Mikey is so rare only 2 have ever been on ebay in 10 years.

You're looking at a lot of money here:

Some of the rarest toy figures in existence. Only Leo had the coin. *shrugs*
Post 26 IP   flag post
First of all, a 2005 TMNT Quarry figure, mint on card is next to impossible to find. They only released estimated 1000 figures and half of those were ordered from stores and half of those half were opened and played with or whatever... Quarry is considered one of the rearest figures in existence for TMNT collectors.

here we go...

This is very special to me and I wanted to share with my fellow shellheads: I proudly present to you: The Unpainted Unproduced Test Shot of WATER SPITTING QUARRY with push button action!

In 2004 playmates planned to make three monsters with action features: Razor Fist with pop up spikes, Stone Biter with biting jaws, and Quarry with Acid Spitting Action. Two of those figures were released on their 2004 cards with their actions. Quarry was not released until late 2005 in very very small numbers and the push button water spitting feature had been removed from the design. Playmates Toys was having QC checks failing and could not deliver a working production model in time so the figure was never released. This figure came from the original Japanese toy factory (most likely an employee) and was sold in 2008 to a buyer in the United States.

This figure is extremely super mega turbo rare it's on FIRE so rare.

oh man oh man oh man I am sooooooo STOKED! WOOOT
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke That reminds me of that show "Toy Hunter" that used to come on the Travel Channel. They sometimes had prototype figures on there and definitely had rare toys. Congrats on the addition to your collection.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I met Jordan when he came and filmed his show at emerald city comicon! I kept walking back-and-forth in front of the camera over and over again to try and be on the show but it never happened LOL
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Haha! At least you tried. I enjoyed watching that show before it was canceled.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600649 1101 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?