Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

Introducing myself. Could you introduce CBCS1006

COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
I really enjoyed reading Peter David's run on Hulk. Future Imperfect was great. I tried to figure out all the stuff in the trophy room, but there were a few that had me scratching my head.

WTTB & cool book.

You gave me a reason to post these. Thanks.

Both signed by Peter David and George Perez.

Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
I want to add my welcome towards you. You sound like a true comics fan and that is always a plus. I feel that the other respondents to your initial post have covered just about all the positives in using CBCS, however, I will add that I feel CBCS is the start of the new face of comics grading and that you are joining at a time when the company in general is sorting out all of the kinks in the organisation. This is a splendid time to jump on board and you can do so with the confidence in all aspects of what they offer.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome. As someone who has used both CBC and CGC many times, I can tell you that you have made the right choice. There were many reasons for choosing CBC but the main reason I submit my books to them is customer service. They have always been nice and friendly to me. I have watched both interact with customers at conventions and CBC is so friendly and helpful. If you get a chance, just stand close to the CGC table and watch how they interact with their customers. You will quickly leave and go to the CBC table.

Another reason are the guys on these forums. They are the nicest, friendliest, helpful guys you ever want to meet. There may be a few sour apples (you know who you are, I am looking at you +++) but the whole bunch are the greatest. Yes, even the sour apples are part of the family.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@roarzola, Great introduction to our great company! 2 thumbs up for including our "sour apples". They may be red headed step children but alas, they're part of the family.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
What a nice intro! You'll find the folks here welcoming and - for the most part - conduct themselves respectfully which is something I like a lot about this forum
Post 30 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to the forum!

Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Iago19 private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome aboard buddy.It's really cool and relaxing around here. Sharing our love of comics and the industry.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome aboard. I always enjoyed Hulk in the Defenders series. A lot of these are really affordable bronze age gems.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector EddiePaxil private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
There are plenty out there take time to search for the best deal. No rush. I think cgc has graded like over 7000 of them last I checked. What grade are you looking for.

I'm more concerned with it being complete value stamps and all. We're also going to get 180 and 182 while we're at it. Not obsessing about grade too much because if I actually assemble every issue the Hulk has ever appeared in I'm told the sum is worth more than it's parts at that point. If I got a 6 or higher at my price I'd be happy. That's the other thing, we can only go to a certain number. So I may be willing to get a raw book and have it graded myself.

@Jesse_O Thank you, I know many boards who could use a mod that welcoming.

@The_Curmudgeon Yeah, as a baseball guy who not only embraces the new analytics, but 180 years of trial and error testing too. I don't mind managing on my gut once and a while. My gut says my collection should grow with CBCS as they grow as a company.

@Gaard Peter David is 100% my favorite comic writer and is also one of my favorite writers period. I'm reading his sequelto Oliver Twist now called Artful quite fun. Future Imperfect was genius stuff, but for my money I'll take his exploration into Banner's abuse, the multiple personalities, and the merging of those personalities as his finest work.

@MR_SigS Yeah I fell in love with everything about that buy. And thanks.

@esaravo That's the kind of stuff I want to hear. I may take you up on that, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
You gave me a reason to post these. Thanks.

Both signed by Peter David and George Perez.

You've always had a reason. Those books rock!

@RRO Yeah like I said earlier. My instincts tell me that my collection growing simultaneously with CBCS as a company will be a good thing.

@roarzola That's the type of stuff I want to hear. Since I won't be submitting anything until we make our Hulk 180-182 purchase (in case they are raw and need grading) it feels good to keep hearing about passion for comics and good customer service.

@SilverAgeFan and @roarzola obviously I read around the board for a couple of days to get an untainted perception of what was going on, and i thought it was cool that there was a weird sort of love for the "sour apples."

@JLS_Comics Good to hear.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
@roarzola, Great introduction to our great company! 2 thumbs up for including our "sour apples". They may be red headed step children but alas, they're part of the family.

Just thought I'd point out that the grapes went sour well before us apples. Right around July 15, if memory serves.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Ram_Jam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddiePaxil
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
There are plenty out there take time to search for the best deal. No rush. I think cgc has graded like over 7000 of them last I checked. What grade are you looking for.

I'm more concerned with it being complete value stamps and all. We're also going to get 180 and 182 while we're at it. Not obsessing about grade too much because if I actually assemble every issue the Hulk has ever appeared in I'm told the sum is worth more than it's parts at that point.

In case you need a reference: http://www.comics.org/character/name/The%20hulk/sort/chrono/

And Peter David rocks, going to see him this weekend.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector EddiePaxil private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_Jam

In case you need a reference: http://www.comics.org/character/name/The%20hulk/sort/chrono/

Thanks you that very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_Jam
And Peter David rocks, going to see him this weekend.

Enjoy being that the November Con will be my first ever I was confused as to whether they charge for signatures etc. So I tweeted him and he graciously got back to me tgat he doesn't charge but has a tip jar. Very excited to meet him and then get some stuff signed. Will also be happy to "tip" a man who's brough me so much joy.
Post 37 IP   flag post
600834 37 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?